Being retired and and intuitive introvert (INTJ), I find I have a lot of time on my hands to just sit around and think about stuff. So, I thought I’d share a list of things that just never quite made sense to me. Here goes:
I’ve actually done a little research on this. One answer says back in the day, tables were just a loose plank set on top of four legs. Leaning on them would cause the plank to fall off, spilling the food all over the place. Another was that it was seen as a threat that you were about to steal someone else’s food. Wow. This little piece of table manners makes no sense in this day and age, when tables are pretty stable… heck, I lean on mine a bit when I get up. And, there’s usually plenty of food to go around; no need to steal it from anyone anymore. Plus, a table is just about the right height to rest my elbows on while eating fried chicken, or a sandwich.
Want to help me start a trend? Let’s put our elbows on the table! <evil laugh>Hahahaha!!!</evil laugh>
2. My hair starts looking like hell, so I avoid animal control trucks, and finally make an appointment at a salon. Getting my hair done is something of a chore for me, not the marvelous luxury that many women seem to actually enjoy. But the day of the appointment, BEFORE I go in, my hair looks great, falls into place, and looks like a shampoo commercial. Go figure.
4. The stock market’s reaction to news almost never makes sense.
One example that comes to mind is that unemployment goes down. If the stock market goes down, too, they say it is because companies have to spend more money on more employees. Yeah, right. And, if unemployment goes down, and the stock market goes up, it’s because the economy is in good shape. That’s why trying to trade stocks based on news is totally pointless, and I just follow the charts every month. That’s the only thing that’s worked for me.
5. Netflix why is it still the only app on our Smart TV that has problems. YouTube, NBC app, etc. all work great. Netflix requires us to reboot our network about once a week. What a hassle!
6. Netflix again… they keep adding new series, but don’t finish the ones they started. They just leave them hanging in the middle of nowhere. Sense8 and Bloodline come to mind. Disappointing.
7. “They hate you if you are clever, and they despise a fool.”
Yep, thanks for those words, John Lennon.
Your song, “Working Class Hero” sums up the way people, especially classmates, treated me growing up. Ah well, it’s my time now, and I can’t say I care anymore. Life’s gotten progressively better and I love it now.
‘Til next time, love and laughs..