C’YA Crocheting — Fixing cable error (darn!)

Time flies… it’s time for another C’YA Crocheting entry.  This is from a project I did some time ago, a cabled watch cap/slouchy beanie.  I was sooo proud of my beautiful work, then saw a glaring error after it was all finished: 😦

CableError1 copy

 

I wasn’t about to unravel it and start all over again, so I came up with a “fix”.  (Hehe!!)

I took a piece of matching yarn and pulled it through so it would tie the two outer cable parts together:

DSC00230

DSC00231

Here’s what it looked like on the reverse side:

DSC00233

DSC00234

So, I just tied the two ends together, and it came out like this:

Fixed

Not quite perfect, but not too noticeable… easy, peasy, and saved me a lot of trouble!

C’YA crocheting, everyone! 😀

 

 

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “C’YA Crocheting — Fixing cable error (darn!)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s